In infants resuscitated at birth with positive pressure ventilation does resuscitation with:
- a nasal airway (e.g. single or double, long or short nasal prongs) compared to a face mask;
- a nasal airway compared to a laryngeal mask airway;
- any type of nasal airway (e.g. single nasal prong) compared to another nasal airway (e.g. short binasal prongs).
reduce morbidity and mortality?
We plan subgroup analysis to determine whether safety and efficacy vary according to:
- gestational age: term (37 weeks' gestation and above), preterm infants (between 29 and 36 weeks gestation), very preterm infants (< 29 weeks);
- ventilation device for delivering PPV: self-inflating bag, flow-inflating bag and T-piece device.
This is a protocol.