Join Cochrane and be part of a global network
Cochrane is an incredible community of people who all play their part in improving health and healthcare globally. We believe that by putting trusted evidence at the heart of health decisions we can achieve a world of improved health for all. If you share our vision, join our global community today and support Cochrane’s work.
Cochrane’s members and supporters come from more than 130 countries, worldwide. Our volunteers and contributors are researchers, health professionals, patients, carers, and people passionate about improving health outcomes for everyone, everywhere.
How you can be a part of Cochrane
- Subscribe to our newsletter Cochrane Connect to keep up to date with the latest news and evidence from Cochrane
- Student? Join our student bloggers posting about evidence-based healthcare on Students4BestEvidence
- Early Career Health Professional? Join your peers to discuss evidence and gain leadership skills in our Early Career Professionals group
- Patient or carer? Join our thriving community of patients, carers and family members in the Cochrane Consumer Network
- Follow us on Twitter or join our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn
- Make a difference in a matter of minutes as a Cochrane citizen scientist at Cochrane Crowd. Suitable for any level of knowledge and experience
- Offer your skills in our task marketplace, Cochrane TaskExchange. Browse available tasks and connect with members of the community to offer to take on tasks that interest you
- Put your language skills to use by joining a translation project translating summaries of Cochrane evidence into many different languages
- If you have significant time and expertise to contribute to Cochrane’s work, you may be interested in becoming an author or peer reviewer on a Cochrane Review
- Learn about health evidence and making informed health choices in our free Evidence Essentials course
- Explore Cochrane's work and systematic review methods through our e-learning collections
- Attend webinars delivered by world experts from our flagship Learning Live programme
- Complete a placement or internship as part of Cochrane’s International Mobility programme
- Discover Cochrane learning events around the world
- Learn more about how patients and carers participate in Cochrane
- Read about the importance of testing health treatments fairly in Testing Treatments, and understand the basics about clinical trials and evidence-based medicine in promoting better health research
Becoming a Cochrane member puts you at the heart of our organization.
Cochrane membership is an acknowledgement of the contribution made by our global community participating in Cochrane’s work.
Join today as a Cochrane supporter - once you have contributed in a substantive way you are offered membership which can be a valuable addition to your career portfolio.
You cannot pay for Cochrane membership, you earn it through participating in our work – and, it allows you to vote in Cochrane elections and stand for internal governance positions.
Find out more about Cochrane Membership:
If you are already contributing to Cochrane, you can check your membership status here.