Bringing you Cochrane evidence in 15 different languages
Many people do not have access to high quality health information, because it is not or scarcely available in a language that they understand. We are translating Cochrane evidence to make it accessible to non-English speakers, and to reduce the linguistic barrier to global evidence-informed health decisions. More than 28,000 translations of Cochrane Review plain language summaries/abstracts have been published as of June 2019. Translation activities are led by local Cochrane groups and their translator communities, the majority of which are volunteer based. Due to the length of Cochrane Reviews, our teams focus on the abstract and/or the Plain Language Summary.
Find Cochrane evidence in different languages: Cochrane evidence is currently translated into 15 languages: Croatian, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, and Traditional Chinese. Most languages have their own version of cochrane.org; you can view translations by clicking on the languages that appear across the top of each page.
Cochrane Podcasts in different languages: Cochrane podcasts offer a short summary of a recent Cochrane review and have been recorded in 38 languages.
Most translated Reviews: The links below will take you to the English language version of our most translated Reviews. Languages these Reviews have been translated into are listed across the top of the page. To read the Review in another language, simply click on the language and it will take you to the translation.
- Acupuncture and related interventions for smoking cessation in 12 languages
- Pilates for low back pain in 12 languages
- Yoga treatment for chronic non-specific low back pain in 12 languages
- Electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation in 11 languages
- Vitamin C for preventing and treating the common cold in 11 languages
- Music interventions for improving psychological and physical outcomes in cancer patients in 11 languages
- Vitamin D supplementation for preventing infections in children under five years of age in 11 languages
- Vitamin D supplementation for women during pregnancy in 11 languages
- Read the 2018 Annual translation report
- Learn more about Cochrane's Multi-language projects
- Learn how you can get involved in translation at Cochrane