Bringing you Cochrane evidence in 14 different languages
Making Cochrane evidence accessible to non-English speakers is a priority for us. More than 5,000 translations of Cochrane Review plain language summaries/abstracts were published in 2017. Translation activities are led by local Cochrane groups and their translator communities, the majority of which are volunteer based. Due to the length of Cochrane Reviews, our teams focus on the abstract and or the Plain Language Summary.
Find Cochrane evidence in different languages: Cochrane evidence is currently translated into 14 languages: Croatian, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, and Traditional Chinese. Each language has its own version of cochrane.org; you can view translations by clicking on the languages that appear across the top of each page.
Cochrane Podcasts in different languages: Cochrane podcasts offer a short summary of a recent Cochrane review and have been recorded in 33 languages.
Cochrane Blogshots in different languages: Cochrane blogshots, first developed by Cochrane UK, have been translated into a variety of languages. Check out our Cochrane Tumblr account to view some of them!
Most translated Reviews: The links below will take you to the English language version of our most translated Reviews. Languages these Reviews have been translated into are listed across the top of the page. To read the Review in another language, simply click on the language and it will take you to the translation.
- Yoga treatment for chronic non-specific low back pain in 12 languages
- Acupuncture and related interventions for smoking cessation in 11 languages
- Vitamin C for preventing and treating the common cold in 11 languages
- Electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation in 11 languages
Our translation achievements in an infographic:
- Read the 2017 Annual translation report: A summary of our translation activities, languages, achievements, and progress in 2017.