Patients and carers play a vital role in Cochrane
Cochrane uses the term consumers to represent patients, carers and family members with first-hand experience of a healthcare condition.
- Use Cochrane evidence to inform healthcare decisions in their own lives or for their families
- Prioritise and help make sure Cochrane review questions focus on what is important to patients and carers
- Comment on draft Cochrane reviews as a consumer peer reviewer, to ensure they are accessible to all
- Help with the governance of the organisation
- Raise the profile of Cochrane evidence among the general public
Join the Cochrane Consumer Network
Patients and carers can join the Cochrane Consumer Network, a large and growing community of people across the world. We welcome all members of the public who are interested in high-quality health evidence.
- Sign up for newsletters and updates relevant to Cochrane Consumers
- Access learning and training opportunities
- Volunteer for Cochrane and complete consumer tasks