To produce an overview of Cochrane Reviews of non-pharmacological interventions with evidence relevant to community-based longer-term stroke survivors or their carers, focusing on person-centred outcomes.
This will include:
- identifying types of non-pharmacological interventions that have been evaluated in the longer-term after stroke (included intervention types), where such a trial has been included in a Cochrane Review;
- identify types of non-pharmacological intervention that may be applicable to the longer-term after stroke but have only been evaluated in the shorter-term after stroke, where such a trial has been included in a Cochrane Review;
- categorise these intervention types according to the poststroke problems they are directly intended to address, as defined by Cochrane Review authors;
- identifying the outcomes considered most important (primary outcomes) for included intervention types, as defined by Cochrane Review authors;
- examining evidence of the effects of included intervention types specific to the longer-term after stroke;
- signposting readers to evidence of effective interventions;
- identifying opportunities for merging or splitting existing Cochrane Reviews.
This is a protocol.