Primary objective: To evaluate the effect of pulse oximetry sensor application on all-cause mortality, hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy and other neonatal complications in neonates requiring monitoring in the delivery room.
Secondary objectives: Secondary analyses will be undertaken to evaluate the effect of pulse oximetry sensor application in the following subgroups:
- Gestational age (< 33 weeks and ≥ 33 weeks)
- Need for positive pressure ventilation as part of resuscitation
- Generation of pulse oximeter
- Manufacturer of the pulse oximeter
- Need for supplemental oxygen during resuscitation/stabilization
This is a protocol.