To assess the effects of interventions at the individual, family and school level that aim to target multiple substance use behaviours (two or more from alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, other substance use) for the primary or secondary prevention of substance use and related harms in individuals aged 8 to 25.Secondary research objectives
- To explore whether the effects of the intervention differ within and between population subgroups.
- To explore whether the effects of the intervention differ by risk behaviour and by outcomes.
- To explore the influence of the setting of the intervention on the design, delivery and outcomes of the interventions.
- To explore the relationship between the number and/or types of component(s) of an intervention, duration, and effects of the interventions.
- To explore whether the impact(s) of interventions differ according to whether behaviours are addressed simultaneously or sequentially and/or whether behaviours are addressed in a particular order.
- To explore the cost-effectiveness of interventions.
- To identify the implications of the review findings for further research, policy and practice.
This is a protocol.