To determine the effects of pelvic floor muscle training against other single treatment modalities in the management of female urinary (stress, mixed, urgency) incontinence.
We will make the following comparisons:
- PFMT versus lifestyle intervention, based on structured and supervised programme;
- PFMT versus weighted vaginal cones;
- PFMT versus mechanical intervention (e.g. pessary);
- PFMT versus behavioural and psychological therapy (e.g. bladder training with the characteristic scheduled voiding regimen);
- PFMT versus non-invasive electrical or magnetic stimulation (we will exclude trials that involve the use of implantable electrodes);
- PFMT versus drug therapy;
- PFMT versus surgery;
- PFMT versus any other stand-alone active treatment as reported by individual trials.
This is a protocol.