Cochrane China Network working groups had an informal meeting included in the 13th China Health Technology Assessment Forum, hosted by Prof Yingyao Chen (from Fudan University) on 17th November.
Eight Cochrane China Network working groups reported their work on Cochrane and some achievements in health technology assessment Cochrane. Prof Jianping Liu (Beijing University of Chinese medicine) gave the opening session, and introduced Cochrane China network and the whole session.
- Prof Shiyao Chen, from Zhongshan hospital affiliated to Fudan University, talked about “The clinical decision on screening helicobacter pylori for gastric cancer, when combined with the Cochrane evidence, how to make decision”.
- Prof Yaolong Chen, from Lanzhou University and Cochrane China Network GRADE and guidelines Working Group, introduced the process of publishing the RIGHT, the Standards of reporting guidance for clinical guideline.
- Prof Yan Hu, from Fudan University and Cochrane China Network Nursing Working Group, presented the model and practice on clinical evidence and translation, specific in the field of nursing and quality study.
- Prof Yinghui Jin, from Center for evidence-based and translational medicine, Wuhan university, presented the important aspects we should take care of, especially the health economics, during the process of developing guideline and conduct the guideline.
- Prof Jianping Liu, from Beijing University of Chinese medicine and Cochrane China Network Traditional Chinese Medicine Working Group, introduced the application of Cochrane in traditional Chinese medicine, and the impact of Cochrane on evidence-based Chinese medicine.
- Phd Chunli Lu, from Centre for Evidence-based Chinese medicine, Beijing University of Chinese medicine and Cochrane China Network Translation and dissemination Working Group, introduced the translation and dissemination of Cochrane evidence into Simplified Chinese in China.
- Prof Dong Xu, from Global Health Institute, Sun Yat-sen University and Cochrane China Network Implementation science Working Group, introduced the unannounced standardized patients (USP) and the quality of primary health care in seven provinces of China using USP.
- Prof Jiajie Yu, from West China Hospital of Sichuan University; Chinese Cochrane Centre and Cochrane China Network rapid reviews and recommendations Working Group, introduced the method on rapid reviews and recommendations.
Finally, Prof Yingyao Chen organised a lunch time informal gathering and discussion. All participants from different working groups had a discussion about Cochrane China network group activities and meeting in 2020, and all members approved that we should have more face to face meetings and longer time to present and share their own researches to promote more close collaboration in the future.