Dear Cochrane community,
Last week the unprecedented situation of civil unrest across Santiago led to the cancellation of the physical gathering of Cochrane's annual Colloquium. Whilst it has caused huge disappointment and inconvenience for hundreds of Colloquium delegates, we have been impressed by the generosity and perseverance to make the most out of this sad situation by our members and supporters.
On behalf of Cochrane and the Local Organizing Committee, I would like to invite those accepted for a poster or oral presentation to present their material virtually. Working with Cochrane Training, we will collect and curate the Colloquium content by topic and host them on our Colloquium website, the week of 2-6 December 2019. In addition, we will also be collecting plenary presentations and workshop materials and more details on these will follow.
Whilst we recognize our virtual meeting can never replace the valuable face-to-face interactions, we feel this week of virtual content it will be a fitting tribute to Cochrane community‘s spirit of resilience and collaboration. We invite the full community of Cochrane members and supporters to engage with virtual #CochraneSantiago from 2-6 December, 2019. Please mark your calendars and look out for more details as we get closer.
The theme of this year’s 26th Colloquium is ‘Embracing Diversity’. We hope that the virtual #CochraneSantiago can help contribute to reaching diverse audiences with diverse evidence needs for diverse health decisions.
With my personal thanks for all your support and best wishes,
Dr. Gabriel Rada
Chair of the Local Organizing Committee
Co-Director of Cochrane Chile
Here’s how to submit your poster or oral presentation for the virtual Colloquium:
If you were accepted for a poster presentation, your poster and optional audio can be uploaded to the Colloquium website. We will curate the posters by topic and be back in touch with the wider community when posters are available to view.
To upload your poster to the Colloquium website:
- Log in to the Colloquium website
- Go to “My submissions"
- Click on “Edit” next to your poster abstract
- Next to “Poster file” click on “Browse” to select a poster file (preferably a PDF)
- Select the poster file from your computer and then click “Upload"
- If you wish, you can also share an audio file of you ‘presenting’ your poster. Next to “Poster audio” click on “Browse” to select an audio file, select the audio file from your computer and then click “Upload"
- IMPORTANT: When you are finished, click on “save"
- The deadline for uploading posters is Friday November 8th
If you had a short or long oral presentation at the Colloquium, you can record your own screencast of the presentation and share that with us.
We ask that duration be 5 minutes for short oral presentations and 10 minutes for long oral presentations. We will upload screencasts to the Cochrane Training YouTube channel and share these on the Colloquium website, so they will be publicly available.
To submit your own screencast of your oral presentation:
- Go to: https://www.dropbox.com/request/qDruuCMEzftqAUoF9UnV
- Upload your file. It’s helpful if you name the file with the same title as your presentation with first and last name in brackets afterwards
- The deadline for uploading presentations is Friday November 8th
Any questions? If you have any questions or need assistance with sharing your posters or oral presentations, please contact email@example.com