Cochrane UK is hosting Cochrane’s Colloquium at the Queen Elizabeth II Centre (QEII) in London, UK from 4-6 September 2023. With the theme “Forward together for trusted evidence”, the 2023 Cochrane Colloquium is set to be a groundbreaking event with a mix of learning, networking, plenary speakers; a unique and memorable experience at one of London's most renowned venues.
At Cochrane, nurturing aspiring minds and supporting professionals embarking on their career journey is part of the work we do. Our commitment is evident through initiatives like the Cochrane Early Career Professionals Network, Cochrane US Mentorship, Cochrane International Mobility, and the student pathway to Cochrane Membership. Among these opportunities, the Cochrane Colloquium stands out as an inspirational experience not to be missed. This three-day event provides an enriching platform to learn, connect, and grow. Delve into a diverse range of sessions and engaging activities, fueling your knowledge and expanding your professional network in the world of evidence-based healthcare.
Exciting sessions relevant to students and early career professionals:
- Putting evidence into practice - A satellite event for students and healthcare professionals: A half-day event on the Sunday ahead of the Colloquium. Learn about Cochrane Reviews, evidence-based practice, fraudulent research and trustworthy evidence. This interactive event is for students and healthcare professionals from any healthcare discipline that feels there is a gap in their current skill set. You may register just for this event or add this event to your colloquium experience.
- Meet the Cochrane CEO and Editor-in-Chief - Networking doesn't get any more exciting than this! Meet some of the top people in Cochrane, ask questions, and interact in a casual environment.
- Meet the Author Journey Lead - Find out more about how to propose a new or updated review, and what the topic experts that consider proposals are looking for.
- Forward Together: new ways to participate in Cochrane - Learn about all the many ways you get in involved in Cochrane's ecosystem!
- Cochrane-Wikipedia Initiative - Join this hands-on workshop to help improve the health content that people are accessing online.
- Interpreting systematic review findings - Join this small-group workshop to learn about how to translate research and support decision-making in health care.
- Library of People - Just like a regular library where you check out books, come along to speak to someone you wouldn’t normally meet and listen to their story.
This is just a small section of the diverse programming offered at Cochrane London. There are plenty of short oral sessions, longer plenary sessions, posters, social events, and workshops. Over three days you will be able to immerse yourself in the latest advancements in systematic review methodology and network with the leading experts in evidence-based medicine.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to be part of Cochrane's Colloquium and contribute to the pursuit of trusted evidence. Register today and let's move forward together towards a healthier future!
4-6 September 2023
Registration fees with information about student discount and one-day registration