Cochrane is an international organization but is legally registered in the United Kingdom as a UK Charity and a Limited Liability Company. Cochrane's Governing Board comprises at least 13 people, who are both Trustees of the Charity and Directors of the Company. More than half of the Trustees are elected by and from Cochrane's members; with the rest appointed by the Board and approved by the members.
The Governing Board is responsible for setting Cochrane's strategic direction and overseeing the work of the Chief Executive Officer, Editor in Chief, and Central Executive Team, which leads, coordinates and supports all the operational work across Cochrane Groups to deliver the organization's strategic goals. (See more information about our organizational structure.)
Central Executive Team
Cochrane's Chief Executive Officer and Central Executive Team support development and delivery of all work across Cochrane Groups and projects.
The Editorial Board is responsible for supporting Cochrane's Editor in Chief (EiC) and overseeing the review production process of Cochrane Reviews. Its main role is one of strategy and support to the Review Group Networks and EiC. They will oversee the review production process, but not have an operational influence on the work of the Networks.
The Cochrane Council is an advisory body to the Governing Board and Central Executive Team, which ensures that Cochrane Groups retain an effective voice in Cochrane’s strategic decision-making and operational implementation.
Cochrane Consumer Network Executive
Financial and statutory reporting
Cochrane's leadership presents this information to the Cochrane community for consideration and ratification each year at our organizational Annual General Meeting (AGM), held at our annual Colloquium.
Additional information about our funding structure and funders is available on the Our funders and partners page.
Archive of Annual Reviews and Financial Statements (Charity and Trading Company), 1999-2016
- Annual Review 2016
- Trustees Report and Financial Statements 2016
- Letter of Representation on Financial Statements 2016
- Charity Commission Annual Return 2016
- Annual Review 2015
- Trustees Report and Financial Statements 2015
- Further Information about Financial Statements 2015
- Annual Review 2014 (including Trustees Report and Financial Statements)
- 2013 Trading Financial Statements
- 2013 Innovations Financial Statements
- 2013 Charity Financial Statements
- 2011-12 combined Charity and Trading Company financial statements
- 2010-11 Charity financial statements
- 2010-11 Trading Company financial statements
- Annual Report 2009-10 (including Trustees Report and Financial Statements)
- 2009-10 Charity financial statements
- 2009-10 Trading Company financial statements
- 2008-09 Charity financial statements
- 2008-09 Trading Company financial statements
- 2007-08 Charity financial statements
- 2007-08 Trading Company financial statements
- 2006-07 Charity financial statements
- 2006-07 Trading Company financial statements
- 2005-06 Charity and Trading Company financial statements
- 2004-05 Charity and Trading Company financial statements
- 2003-04 Trading Company financial statements
- 2003-04 Charity financial statements
- 2002-03 Trading Company financial statements
- 2002-03 Charity financial statements
- 2002 Trading Company financial statements
- 2002 Charity financial statements
- 2001 Trading Company financial statements
- 2001 Charity financial statements
- 2000 Trading Company financial statements
- 2000 Charity financial statements
- 1999 Charity financial statements
N.B.: The Trading Company was established in late 1998; there are therefore no financial statements for the Trading Company until 2000.