14 November is World Diabetes Day, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease
World Diabetes Day, which is on the 14th November every year. The theme for World Diabetes Day 2018 is The Family and Diabetes. The aim is to raise awareness of the impact that diabetes has on the family and support network of those affected, as well as promoting the role of the family in the management, care, prevention and education of diabetes.
The Cochrane Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders group's main area of work is the evaluation of the effects of health-care interventions relevant to the prevention, treatment or management, and rehabilitation of metabolic, nutritional and endocrine disorders, a scope which covers diabetes. They primarily focus on systematic reviews which evaluate patient-important outcomes measures.
- View diabetes related Cochrane Reviews
- Visit the Cochrane Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders website
- Read this news item in Malay
To celebrate World Diabetes Day, we have collated a selection of some recent reviews:
- Development of type 2 diabetes mellitus in people with intermediate hyperglycaemia
- Diet, physical activity or both for prevention or delay of type 2 diabetes mellitus and its associated complications in people at increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Psychological interventions for diabetes-related distress in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus
Reviews soon to be published: