In celebration of 2024 International Women's Day (IWD), Cochrane is delighted to announce a virtual event open to a global audience. The webinar will showcase a diverse panel of speakers discussing the IWD 2024 theme of #InspireInclusion
Tiffany Duque, Cochrane US Senior Officer, Panelist, and 2022 winner of the Anne Anderson Award says, "The 2024 IWD event is being organized and hosted by our talented Cochrane US Mentees. This marks the third cohort through the Cochrane Mentoring program and the third IWD event. Hailing from 21 different countries, participants range from students to early career professionals, all poised for a bright future within Cochrane. We are delighted that they will be delivering this cherished event, extending its impact not only to the entire Cochrane community but also beyond."
- 8 March 2024
- 10 am - 11 am EST (view in your time zone)
- 10:00 - Welcome from Tiffany Duque
- 10:10 - #InspireInclusion in health: What is the first step? from Dr Luis Gabriel Cuervo Amore
- 10:20 - Women in Science: Strategies to Call to Action from Dr Vivian Welch
- 10:30 - Mentee & Mentor: different languages, different cultures, and how to foster inclusion together from Kehinde Ayomide Agubosim and Dr Karen Gibbs
- 10:45 - Questions and Closure from Paola Andrenacci
- Full agenda and free registration
Paola Andrenacci, Cochrane US Mentor Program Coordinator, and lead for this event, shares her excitement, "We are thrilled to bring together this dynamic group of women to discuss issues of inspiring inclusion in healthcare. Their diverse perspectives and experiences will help us identify barriers to equity and work towards solutions benefiting all patients. We invite everyone from the Cochrane community and beyond to join us!"
- VIDEO: 2023 International Women's Day Panel on embracing equality
- VIDEO: 2022 International Women's Day Panel on gender bias in health science and evidence synthesis
- VIDEO: 2021 International Women's Day Panel on diversity in health evidence synthesis
- Celebrating Anne Anderson and Cochrane diversity with new designs: an interview with artist Heather Tubwon
- Cochrane Indonesia’s Director reflects on her continued contributions to maternal and perinatal health and the work of Cochrane