Specifications: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000 – £45,000
Location: Flexible (In office, homeworking, flexible arrangements)
Application Closing Date: 26th January 2020 (At 12 midnight GMT)
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as a Research Integrity Editor to make a difference in the field of health care research.
Cochrane is committed to independence, transparency, and integrity in healthcare research. The role of the Research Integrity Editor will be to support and strengthen this commitment through advocacy, policy development and implementation, and community outreach.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Degree in relevant field or equivalent
- Strong understanding and experience of editorial and publishing policy in the Science, Medicine and Technology sector, including conflict of interest, scientific fraud and misconduct, and avoiding research waste
- Strong understanding of issues around methodological quality in primary and secondary research
- Understanding of the importance of systematic reviews to clinical or policy decision-making
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in and outside the Cochrane community
- Intermediate level IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and accurately
- A pro-active approach to problem-solving
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to email@example.com with “Research Integrity Editor” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
- For further information, please download the full job description from here
- Deadline for applications: 26th January 2020 (At 12 Midnight GMT)
- Interviews to be held on: (TBC)