Specifications: Fixed Term, up to 12 months
Application Closing Date: 11th November 2019 at Midnight GMT
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as a Business Analyst to make a difference in the field of health care research.
As the Business Analyst (BA) you will gather, analyse, validate and document business requirements using workshops, interviews, document analysis, site visits, user cases, business analysis, workflow analysis and observations, ensuring they are sufficiently detailed, reviewed, signed off, and kept up-to-date and are fully traceable. You will create and manage functional specifications and help identify and validate appropriate solutions, to support business objectives.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Experience of working with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, and translating high-level requirements from the customer into detailed tasks for the technical team.
- In-depth knowledge of feature definition, technical analysis, and software development processes, and a drive to help improve the Cochrane Library’s processes through constructive criticism and a willingness to implement process changes.
- Ability to assess project requirements and understand processes for gathering, validating and documenting.
- Excellent written English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- A highly organised, logical and object-oriented approach to the work with ability to work to deadlines and prioritise competing activities.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with a geographically-dispersed department and organization.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to email@example.com with “Business Analyst” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
- For further information, please download the full job description from here
- Deadline for applications: 11th November 2019 (12 midnight GMT)
- Interviews to be held on: (TBC)