Salary: £35,326 per annum
Contract type: Full-time Fixed term until March 2024
Closing date: 15 May 2022
LSTM’s Centre for Evidence Synthesis in Global Health runs the “Research, Evidence and Development Initiative” (READ-It) and contains the Cochrane Infectious Diseases Group (CIDG). The CIDG was established in 1995. They are world leaders in evidence synthesis related to public health in the tropics. They have a wide portfolio of Cochrane reviews in malaria and neglected tropical diseases, amongst other topics.
Teams are already in place for some of the reviews and they have experienced technical specialists in all areas. The successful candidate will assure the delivery of a portfolio of high-quality Cochrane reviews according to LSTM’s strategic plan. You will be part of the READ-It Management Team and assure the delivery of the CIDG Partners deliverables.
Key Responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Provide editorial feedback to the Managing Editor throughout the review life cycle
- To stay up to date with Cochrane methods, standards, and procedures and ensure reviews are in compliance
- Work with the CIDG team in ensuring efficient and effective editorial processes are in place
- Assessing technical and academic aspects of reports from READ-It Partners, and the draft READ-It annual reports to funders
- Actively manage review delivery and report and discuss progress of Liverpool associated outputs with the READ-It Management Team
- Participate in READ-It Management Team meetings, Partner meetings, and Advisory Group meetings
- Liaise with READ-It Liverpool staff and the Head of the Department of Clinical Sciences (DoCS) to assure appropriate line management including the performance conversation process
- Assure delivery of the CIDG strategic plan in relation to reviews by supporting teams and helping overcome review production obstacles
- Work with stakeholders, editors, and the CRG strategic advisory group in taking on new topics and teams in line with priorities, stakeholder needs and CIDG capacity
- Deliver seminars for Diploma and Master students
- Actively contribute to submissions for grant funding
The Candidate will ideally be:
Candidates must be experienced in Cochrane systematic reviews to work in our Liverpool team and with our global partners to help assure the delivery of the CIDG strategic plan.
- Hold a Postgraduate professional qualification, such as the Diploma of Tropical Medicine, or health-related Masters’ degree
- Have knowledge of systematic reviews and RCT trial basics
- Have knowledge and an interest in LMICs and infectious disease problems
- Understand qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Be experienced in the critical appraisal of medical literature at postgraduate level
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Paul Garner at: Paul.Garner@lstmed.ac.uk(link sends e-mail)
Additional benefits of joining LSTM:
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus Christmas closure days
- Generous occupational pension schemes
- Government backed “cycle to work” scheme.
- Affiliated, discounted staff membership to the University of Liverpool Sports Centre
- Plus, a host of additional family friendly policies
Closing Date: 15th May 2022
More information and to apply: https://www.lstmed.ac.uk/research-associate-66636