- To determine if there is evidence of superiority of any particular pain relief regimen in the management of combination medical abortion (mifepristone + misoprostol) under 14 weeks' gestation (i.e. up to 13 + 6 weeks or 97 days).
- To compare the rate of gastrointestinal side effects resulting from different methods of analgesia
- To compare the rate of complete abortion resulting from different methods of analgesia during medical abortion
- To determine if induction-to-abortion interval is associated with different methods of analgesia
- To determine if any method of analgesia is associated with unscheduled contact with care provider in relation to pain
This is a protocol.