- To assess the effectiveness of integrated care pathways compared to routine care for people with COPD and one or more common comorbidities (quantitative data, RCTs).
- To assess the effectiveness of an adapted or targeted single COPD intervention (simple or complex) that is aimed at changing the management of people with COPD and one or more common comorbidities (quantitative data, RCTs).
- To identify emerging themes that describe the views and experiences of patients, carers and healthcare professionals when receiving or providing care to manage multi morbidities (qualitative data).
- To use a mixed methods approach to combine quantitative and qualitative data resulting from objectives 1, 2 and 3, provided that we find relevant data. If we find that we are unable to combine quantitative data and qualitative textual themes, we will present the data and themes separately.
- To identify any gaps in the evidence as a recommendation for further research.
This is a protocol.