To determine the diagnostic accuracy of bedside screening tools for detecting dysphagia, which is a predictor of aspiration, in people with acute stroke.
To assess the influence of the following potential sources of heterogeneity.
- Patient demographics (e.g. age, gender, percentage of males in study, median age of study by gender).
- The time post-stroke that the study was conducted (from admission to 48 hours) to ensure only hyperacute and acute stroke dysphagia screening tools are identified.
- Any significant change in the participant's condition between the index and reference tests being performed.
- The definition of dysphagia used by the study.
- Level of training of nursing staff, both grade and training in the screening tool.
- Low-quality studies identified from the methodological quality checklist.
- Type of the index test and the threshold of the index test.
- Type of the reference test.
This is a protocol.