Specifications: part-time/3 days per week
Application closing date: 7 July 2017
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in contract management to make a difference in the field of healthcare research.
As the organization’s sole manager for contracts, the Senior Contracts Specialist will take the leading role in the implementation and maintenance of an effective contracts service for a portfolio with a range of complexity and requirements. They will provide operational contract management, developing solutions which reduce legal liability and risk and provide optimal terms for Cochrane.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organized individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Higher education to degree level, or equivalent, or substantial relevant experience.
- Experience of contracts management within the higher education, health research, charity, and/or publishing sectors.
- Knowledge of contract and intellectual property laws (particularly related to the UK).
- Experience, ability, and mindset to work as the sole contracts manager for the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proven ability to understand, interpret, apply, and develop policies and procedures.
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of Cochrane’s operational context, activities, and arrangements with contractual partners and apply these to delivery.
- The ability to use judgement, initiative, and creativity to identify and solve complex problems.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including proven ability to organize and prioritize workload, work efficiently, and meet tight deadlines.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates, and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm, and where more research is needed. Our work is recognized as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Contracts Specialist in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
For further information, please download the full job description.
Deadline for applications: 23:59 GMT, 7 July 2017