Specifications: Full Time (part-time may be considered for right candidate)
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Location: London, Flexible Location considered for right candidate
Application Closing Date: 3 March 2017
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in online learning design to make a difference in the field of health care research.
Our Online Learning Designer will take the lead in design and production of outstanding online learning resources, working with international content experts in the fields of evidence-based health care and translating complex technical research material into engaging learning tools. You will also manage and develop our training website, and help us to implement new technology products, including an xAPI-based Learning Record Store.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Experience in design and production of online training resources.
- Experience in web content editing (preferably Drupal, or similar industry standard).
- Experience with software and systems related to online learning, including resource development (preferably Gomo, Adapt or similar industry standard), webinars (GoToWebinar), standards (HTML5, xAPI), learning record stores, and video and audio recording and editing.
- Experience in writing copy for learning materials, and working with people from a variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information. An understanding of Cochrane’s work and health research more generally is an advantage, but not essential.
The majority of Cochrane Central Executive staff are located in London, UK, however flexible location or a part-time appointment are possible for the right candidate.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Online Learning Designer” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
For further information, please download the Full Job Description.
Deadline for applications: 03/03/2017 (12 midnight GMT)
Interviews to be held on:21 March 2017 (TBC)