Specifications: Full-time or part-time, permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Flexible location
Application closing date: 23 June 2017
Cochrane Response is Cochrane’s evidence consultancy unit, providing a broad range of literature review and evidence synthesis services to international policy makers, guideline developers and research organisations, to support evidence-informed healthcare decision making. We provide tailored evidence synthesis services, responding to commissioners’ needs on a project by project basis. We work closely with Cochrane networks to increase Cochrane’s capacity to respond to requests for commissioned evidence reviews and tailored evidence services.
Cochrane is a global independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making the vast amounts of evidence generated through research useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by identifying, appraising and synthesizing individual research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. The primary results of this work are Cochrane Systematic Reviews, recognised by healthcare professionals, policy makers and patients as the benchmark for high-quality information about the effectiveness of treatment interventions.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the systematic review team for Cochrane Response. Reporting to the Systematic Review Manager and team leader you will provide a range of systematic review tasks to support the delivery of commissioned systematic reviews, responding to commissioners’ needs on a project by project basis. Systematic review tasks include protocol development, publication screening, data extraction and risk of bias assessment, meta-analyses, interpretation of results and report writing, and performing GRADE and Summary of Findings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- First degree in related field e.g. medical sciences, biology, statistics and ideally, a higher degree relevant to research area or equivalent qualifications.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in systematic reviews.
- Publication of at least one Cochrane Review, with responsibilities in data extraction and assimilation.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies that lead to methods or processes for obtaining results.
- Good organization and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to problem solve and delegate appropriate tasks to subordinates.
- Able to collaborate effectively with the project team, and experience in working with deadlines.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing business and customer needs.
- Proficient IT skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EndNote and RevMan.
- Knowledge of CMA, STATA, R, WinBugs or SAS advantageous
- Able to travel internationally.
The full job description is available here: Job Description
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement, your interest in a full time or part time position, and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Systematic Reviewer Cochrane Response” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
Deadline for applications: 23 June 2017