We are delighted to announce the results of the recent elections and appointments to the Governing Board:
- Martin Burton has been appointed by the Board as its Co-Chair for a term of two years. Martin served as a member of the Board until this month, and already has substantial leadership experience in Cochrane as Director of Cochrane UK and Co-ordinating Editor of the Cochrane Ear Nose & Throat Review Group. Martin is based in Oxford, UK, and will share chairing duties with Cindy Farquhar, who is Co-ordinating Editor of the Gynaecology and Fertility Review Group, and is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Two internal members:
The election of internal members of the Governing Board has now concluded, and you have elected the following two candidates for a term of three years:
- Tracey Howe - director of the Cochrane Global Ageing Field and based in Glasgow, UK.
- Joerg Meerpohl - serving Board member who has now been re-elected. Co-Director of Cochrane Germany and based in Freiburg, Germany.
Three external members:
The Board has appointed three external members of the Board for a term of three years:
- Maria Gladys Faba Beaumont - sociologist by training and works with the National Institute of Public Health in Mexico and the Pan American Heath Organization; based in Mexico City
- David Hammerstein Mintz - civil society advocate for the Commons Network, an organization that he co-founded, former Member of the European Parliament and based in Valencia, Spain.
- Rae Lamb - Aged Care Complaints Commissioner for Australia and has a background in health journalism and health services research; based in Melbourne.
Cochrane congratulates and welcomes the new members and extends its grateful thanks to Lisa Bero, outgoing Co-Chair; and Mona Nasser and Denise Thomson, outgoing Board members, for their outstanding contributions to Cochrane as members of the Board.