Job Type: Fixed term (12 months), Full time
Specialty/Function: Technical Analyst
Employer: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
Department: Centre for Guidelines
Location: Manchester, UK
Salary: £40,057 - £45,839 per annum
Closing Date: 17/10/2021
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) is the independent organisation responsible for providing national guidance and advice on promoting high quality health, public health and social care.
We are looking for a Technical Analyst to support the organisation through a period of dynamic transformation.
Reporting to the Research associate – Strategic Engagement, the Technical Analyst will be a key member of the team responsible for establishing and building on existing collaborative partnerships with external organisations to facilitate the delivery of efficient and sustainable systems and processes to enable the delivery of dynamic, living guideline recommendations.
The post holder should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of a range of work procedures and practices related to process and methodology for evidence synthesis in guidelines or health services research
- Understanding of the principles of evidence-based health care, critical appraisal and the interpretation and synthesis of health care research evidence
- Ability to think and plan strategically and to exercise sound judgement in the face of conflicting pressures
- An understanding of the social, political, economic and technological context in which the NHS and the Institute operates
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a range of professionals both within and outside the Institute
- Effective and persuasive communicator demonstrating oral, written and presentation skills with a high degree of personal credibility and sensitivity