REMINDER - Deadline for expressions of interest: August 14th, 2020
Cochrane invites expression of interest in joining our Conflict of Interest Panel. This independent panel will work with Cochrane’s Research Integrity Team to arbitrate on potential breaches of the revised Cochrane Conflict of Interest Policy for Cochrane Library Content and provide general guidance on how the policy should be applied. The panel will be take up it’s duties when the revised policy is launched in October 2020.
The panel will work on a voluntary basis and have a maximum of four persons and will be appointed by the Editor in Chief (EIC) in consultation with the Senior Research Integrity Editor. The panel members will select a chair from among the membership of the panel. The Chair will be the main contact person for the panel, will convene virtual or face-to-face meetings of the panel, and consult with the panel as needed.
The duties of the panel are as follow:
- Review cases and make decisions on individual cases referred according to specified time frames.
- Respond to queries about the COI policy generally
- Comment on revisions of the COI policy
- Provide advice when the Editorial & Methods Dept conducts an audit of compliance to the policy
- Prepare an annual report of Panel activity for the EiC
- Participate in training activities that support those creating Cochrane Library content to adhere to the policy
- Assist in the development of supporting materials (e.g. FAQs)
Applicants must have no financial conflicts of interest. In addition the following knowledge and/or experience are desirable:
- Experience serving on or chairing a COI committee or its equivalent (or similar committees. such as academic-industry relations committees)
- Experience with drafting and / or implementing conflict of interest policies (ideally related to research or health policies, such as guidelines)
- Familiarity with the literature on identifying, managing and impact of conflicts of interest in health
- Familiarity with journal policies related to conflicts of interest
- Experience as a Cochrane member or knowledge of Cochrane
Variable, estimated at 3-4 hours per month, which includes attendance at meetings as necessary.
Duration of term
The term of the Panel members is two years, with the possibility of another two-year term, to a maximum of four years.
Administrative support and co-ordination will be provided by the Research Integrity Team, in the Editorial & Methods Department.
Submissions & closing date
Any questions about panel membership and expressions of interest (in the form of a brief cover letter plus CV) should be submitted to COIarbiter@cochrane.org
Deadline for expressions of interest: August 14th, 2020