Specifications: Permanent, Full time
Location: London Office based
Application Closing Date: 24th February 2020
The HR team at Cochrane is currently working on a new strategy to bring Human Resources to the next stage of development within the organisation, ensuring that the wider organisation is supported and developed as it grows. Reporting to the HR Manager, this role will have responsibility for developing and embedding of a whole range of generalist HR activity from recruitment and management support, through to some organisational development initiatives. We are seeking a Senior HR Advisor looking to use and develop further their experience in HR to work with a friendly, small team at this exciting time and make a difference in the field of health care research. As part of this team, you will work with us in providing a high quality, responsive, efficient and effective Human Resources function for Cochrane.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Responsible for our recruitment and on-boarding processes from end to end, partnering with managers to ensure that we recruit “the right people at the right time” to further Cochrane’s objectives
- Leads on developing workforce planning so that we can meet our future staffing needs
- Key responsibility for promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
- Offers a casework management service to all levels of Cochrane managers
- Develops, reviews and implements HR policies across the organisation
- Leads on ensuring an effective HR appraisal system is in operation
- Maintain effective and supportive relationships throughout the organisation
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who can work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate must also be able to offer:
- CIPD qualification equivalent to Level 7 or working towards this
- Previous experience of HR in the not-for-profit sector with a generalist remit
- Skilled at coaching and supporting managers to build their competence
- Self-confidence, personal credibility and the ability to support and challenge others appropriately
- Good understanding and application of the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Pragmatism and problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively when faced with new problems
- Commitment to Cochrane’s mission and values
- Although not essential, we would also welcome candidates with a working knowledge of employment legislation in Denmark and/or Germany, plus experience of supporting remote workers internationally.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Human Resources Advisor” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
- For further information, please download the full job description from here
- Interviews to be held: week commencing 9th March