Specifications: Part time (0.6) permanent
Application Closing Date: 30th September 2019 (12 midnight GMT)
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as a Senior Editorial Officer to make a difference in the field of health care research.
The Senior Editorial Officer will support the Editor in Chief of Cochrane in achieving the strategic aims and delivering the objectives of the Cochrane Editorial and Methods Department (EMD).
The Senior Editorial Officer will lead and oversee strategic projects, including:
- Working with the Editorial and Communications Officer on strategic projects or programmes of works relevant to the strategic vision for Cochrane’s content and review production.
- Supporting effective and timely communications between the Editorial and Methods Department and other departments of the Cochrane Executive Team.
- Lead the development of editorial projects and plans for making Cochrane reviews more accessible (in liaison with the KT Department and IRD).
- Working with the Peoples Services Department on projects aiming to improve authors’ experiences. This includes the delivery of Editorial and Author Charters describing agreed expectations between Networks, authors and CRGs to assure the equity and consistently high quality of the review process.
- Implementing the agreed quality-assurance process for high-profile reviews.
- Supporting the Head of Review Production on operational projects relevant to the Cochrane Review Group (CRG) Networks including:
- The implementation of the new Editorial Management System;
- The development of Centralised Editorial Services;
- The introduction of a new journal submission process; and
- Editorial policy and process implementation.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- An understanding of the importance of systematic reviews to clinical decision-making.
- An ability to work alongside varied teams in different cultural and linguistic settings.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impressive interpersonal skills both in person and by telephone and Skype.
- An ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Intermediate-level IT skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- An ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Cochrane’s mission and values and good understanding of Cochrane’s Strategy 2020 goals and targets.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Editorial Officer” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
- For further information, please download the full job description from here.
- Deadline for applications: 30th September 2019 (12 midnight GMT)
- Interviews to be held on: (TBC)