Specifications: Permanent, 80-100% Full Time Equivalent, flexible working patterns
Salary: £52,000 pro rata
Location: Flexible (options include working from Cochrane’s offices in London, UK or in Freiburg, Germany; or remotely from anywhere else)
Application Closing Date: 2 February 2020 Midnight GMT
This is an exciting opportunity to improve Cochrane’s planning and performance management capabilities as the organization completes its transformational Strategy to 2020 and enters a new strategic planning phase. The Planning & Performance Manager will hold responsibility for designing and implementing improved strategic and operational planning processes, supporting the Senior Management Team and departmental staff to build robust, measurable workplans through which delivery can be managed and achieved.
In this newly created position, you’ll also be required to design processes for, and then collect and provide analysis of, key organizational performance information. These processes should enable progress against strategic and operational objectives to be measured, evaluated, effectively communicated to internal and external stakeholders, and used as the evidence-base to inform further plans. In other words, you’ll be responsible for developing what Cochrane currently regards as a ‘missing link’ in its strategic infrastructure for operationalizing strategic plans.
We are looking for someone dynamic and self-motivated who is comfortable working independently, but also collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar cross-functional role, or in project portfolio or programme management
- Experience of developing and managing the implementation of planning, performance and evaluation processes, and of developing performance indicators and results frameworks
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and in person, with the ability to synthesize and explain complex information to a range of audiences
- Ability to rapidly establish credibility, and maintain positive relationships, with people and teams from a range of functional, professional, linguistic and cultural backgrounds, including those who are not familiar with planning processes and performance indicators
In return, Cochrane offers an exciting, international work environment, the opportunity to travel, and a competitive benefits package.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV (Resume) along with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Planning & Performance Manager” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
- For further information, please download the full job description from here
- Interviews to be held early in February 2020