Specifications: Full or Part Time considered
Salary: £38,000 FTE per annum
Application Closing Date: 27th February 2020
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your writing experience to make a difference in the field of health care research.
This new role within Cochrane will be responsible for producing Plain Language Summaries (PLS), a vitally important part of our systematic reviews, which provides an easy-to-understand summary of the key information provided in our reviews; improving the accessibility, readability and understanding of Cochrane evidence.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual with excellent written communication skills. Alongside the ability to manage projects and work collaboratively with a diverse range of contracts, the successful candidate will also have:
- Experience working within a professional science or health-writing/editing environment, or in journalism and/or in a similar role.
- Familiarity with Cochrane guidance and standards on the design, conduct, and reporting of systematic reviews, including MECIR and GRADE methods.
- Ability to explain complex material to a non-expert audience, including summarizing data accurately and producing reports on systematic review outcomes.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to email@example.com with Plain Language Summary Writer in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
- For further information, please download the full job description from here.
- Deadline for applications: 27th February 2020 (12 midnight GMT)
- Interviews to be held from 12th March onwards