Specifications: Full Time
Salary: Up to £45,000 DOE
Location: Flexible with regular attendance at the London office expected
Application Closing Date: Friday 5th October
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in Methods Implementation to make a difference in the field of health care research.
The Methods Implementation Co-ordinator will provide strategic support to facilitate methods activities in line with Cochrane’s strategic aims. To provide infrastructural support to the Cochrane methods community and its representative groups, including the Methods Executive and Scientific Committee. To support the successful completion of priority projects with a methods component, particularly those aligned with the Content Strategy. To manage methods-related projects that include strategies, policies and processes to advance and implement methodological developments to improve the quality of Cochrane Reviews.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Significant experience in medical/healthcare research or relevant PhD.
- Familiarity with and experience of using Cochrane methods in systematic reviews.
- Comprehensive problem-solving skills, ability to work independently under general direction, willing and able to work with a small team of staff, self-directed, accountable, and able to provide sound advice to members and other Cochrane staff.
- Excellent computer skills including expertise with MS Office applications, with the ability to become proficient in information management and other software as required.
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to produce written material appropriate to a lay audience.
- Time management skills and ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Experience related to all aspects of the planning and organizing of meetings
- Project and programme management skills.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Credibility to be able to present and contribute to discussions involving high level academics on methodological issues.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to email@example.com with Methods Implementation Co-ordinator in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
Deadline for applications: Friday 5th October 2018 (12 midnight GMT)
Interviews to be held on: (TBC)