Specifications: 1 FTE or we will consider applicants who would want to work flexibly up to full-time
Application Closing Date: 11th November 2019
Cochrane is the world’s most respected producer of high-quality health evidence to inform decision-making by healthcare practitioners, patients and carers, researchers and policymakers. Our global independent network of over 11,000 members and 68,000 supporters analyze and summarize the best evidence from research and publish it in the Cochrane Library (www.cochranelibrary.com). Cochrane is passionate about improving health outcomes for everyone, everywhere by helping them to make informed choices about healthcare issues and we have been doing this for 25 years.
The Learning and Support Officer is a new role and will has an important part to play in delivering our overall mission. The primary focus for the job holder will be to assess how best to meet the induction, training and support needs of Cochrane’s Group Staff community and then deliver against that assessment. As such, the jobholder will be at the heart of the organisation and will need to establish effective working relationships with our full range of highly intelligent and motivated professionals, winning their confidence. The Learning and Support Officer will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Cochrane Information Specialist (CIS) and Managing Editor (ME) Support Teams, who provide direct support to our wider community of experts.
The role is based within the People Services team which is responsible for all elements of people management in Cochrane, and so the role holder will benefit from working alongside Human Resources and Learning professionals as well as our Community Support Team.
- Producing role specific inductions and ongoing training
- Scoping and delivering professional development that builds competence and confidence
- Designing and implementing interventions to engage, recognise and motivate our staff community
- Management support to the Group Staff Community
The successful candidate will also have:
- Experience of developing learning materials
- Experience in delivering training or support
- Experience of organising training events and workshops both virtually and face to face.
- Line management experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; a courteous, professional manner; and the ability to maintain excellent working relationships with Cochrane’s diverse international contributor groups, including Cochrane Groups, staff, trainers, methodological & content experts and others.
- Excellent English-language communication skills (both verbal and written), including experience in communicating technical content, tailoring standard communications to individual requirements, and working with people from a variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Experience in working collaboratively within complex organisations, including diverse and geographically dispersed staff, collaborator and stakeholder groups.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with excellent organisation and time management skills, including the ability to work to deadlines as part of an interdependent team.
- Willingness to commit to Cochrane’s mission and values.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Learning and Support Officer" in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
- For further information, please download the full job description from here
- Deadline for applications: 11 November 2019 (12 midnight GMT)
- Interviews to be held on: 21 November 2019