Specifications: 0.4-0.6 FTE- Fixed Term for 9 Months
Location: Flexible with regular attendance at the London office expected; frequency to be negotiated.
Application Closing Date: Friday 5th October 2018
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in to make a difference in the field of health care research.
The successful candidate will provide information specialist advice and services to the Central Executive Team and deliver on key projects for the Editorial & Methods Department.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Undergraduate Degree
- Qualification in librarianship or information science (postgraduate or undergraduate)
- Experience of designing, executing and reporting search strategies in collaboration with systematic review authors, using appropriate biomedical databases
- Experience developing or commenting on the trial identification and reference sections of Cochrane reviews and protocols as part of the authorship/editorial process
- Extensive experience of searching biomedical databases including (but not limited to) MEDLINE, Embase, CINAHL, LILACS, PsycINFO, CT.gov, etc
- Experience of Cochrane and using the Cochrane Library
- Experience of using reference management platforms such an Mendeley, RefWorks, Reference Manager, Endnote, etc
- Knowledge of the role and importance of clinical trials registries and experience in searching them
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Drive and Enthusiasm
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to email@example.com with “Information Specialist” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
For further information, please download the full job description.
Deadline for applications: Friday 5th October 2018 (12 midnight GMT)
Interviews to be held on: (TBC)