Specifications: Two years fixed-term contract
We are looking for eight Network Support Fellows to work with Cochrane’s global Networks. The key role of the Network Support Fellow is to support the Networks in prioritization, gap analysis, quality and editorial processes, with a particular focus on ensuring that the Networks are positioned to provide maximum support for the NHS. Each Network Support Fellow will work closely with Cochrane Review Groups, the Network Senior Editor and Associate Editor and will have an individual work plan that includes specific objectives that are customized around the network’s development priorities. This role would suit a highly motivated individual with experience of conducting high-quality systematic reviews and familiarity with Cochrane Systematic Review processes and methods. The successful candidate will have an understanding of the research context, a focus on quality and enjoy communicating with a wide range of people, contributing to the global effort to produce reliable, accessible healthcare evidence.
Cochrane has created eight new Network Support Fellow roles to support the efficient and timely production of high-quality systematic reviews, that address the research questions most important to patients and decision makers. There is one role for each Cochrane Network, covering the review production areas of:
- Acute and Emergency Care;
- Brain, Nerves and Mind;
- Children and Families;
- Circulation and Breathing;
- Long-term Conditions and Ageing (two distinct Networks); and
- Public Health and Health Systems.
These posts are funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR).
This position is open to anyone who meets the requirements outlined in the job description. All applications will be reviewed by a committee involving the a Co-ordinating Editor, the host institution and the Cochrane Deputy Editor in Chief who will jointly make the appointments.
Applications for this vacancy are to be made online, please follow the link to the vacancy for each network below. As part of the application process you are required to upload your CV and a covering letter
To apply please see the job postings below, which will be updated as the jobs are posted by the host institution:
- Network Support Fellow for Acute and Emergency Care, forthcoming
- Network Support Fellow for Brain, Nerves and Mind; forthcoming
- Network Support Fellow for Cancer, forthcoming
- Network Support Fellow for Children and Families, Liverpool, UK, closing 16 August.
- Network Support Fellow for Circulation and Breathing Network, London, UK, closing date 29 July.
- Network Support Fellow for Long-term Conditions and Ageing 1, Oxford, UK, closing 26 July.
- Network Support Fellow for Long-term Conditions and Ageing 2, Oxford, UK, closing 27 July.
- Network Support Fellow for Public Health and Health Systems, Oxford, UK, closing 26 July.