Specifications: Full Time
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 DOE
Location: London with flexibility to work from home up to 2 days per week
Application Closing Date: 26th October 2018
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as a Business Analyst to make a difference in the field of health care research.
The Cochrane Library Business Analyst (BA) you will gather, analyse, validate and document business requirements using workshops, interviews, document analysis, site visits, use cases, business analysis, task, workflow analysis and observations, ensuring they are sufficiently detailed, reviewed, signed off, and kept up-to-date and are fully traceable. They will create and manage functional specifications and help identify and validate appropriate solutions, to support business objectives.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Experience evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and translate high-level requirements from the customer into detailed tasks for the technical team.
- In-depth knowledge of feature definition, technical analysis, and software development processes.
- Highly proficient technical skills/knowledge enabling you to work effectively with engineers and understand the technical aspects of the platform(s).
- Ability to translate technical requirements into a form which is understandable by non-technical customers
- Excellent written English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to assess project requirements and understand processes for gathering, validating and documenting.
- Ability to understand and create workflows of requirements (user journey, functional specification).
- Strong ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements that developers can use to implement.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with a geographically-dispersed department and organization.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Analyst” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
Deadline for applications: 26th October 2018 (12 midnight GMT)
Interviews to be held on: (TBC)