Specifications: Full Time, permanent
Salary: c.£40,000 FTE per annum
Application Closing Date: 02 March 2020 (12 Midnight GMT)
Cochrane is seeking to appoint two full-time Associate Editors to increase the support for producing high quality reviews across its eight thematic Cochrane Review Group (CRG) Networks. The eight Networks of CRGs support the efficient and timely production of high-quality systematic reviews that address the research questions that are most important to decision makers.
The Networks are made up of between 5 and 9 CRGs, covering the areas of:
- Abdomen and Endocrine;
- Acute and Emergency Care;
- Children and Families;
- Circulation and Breathing;
- Mental Health and Neuroscience;
- Musculoskeletal, Ocular, Skin and Sensory; and
- Public Health and Health Systems.
The Networks are led by eight Network Senior Editors, and currently supported by a team of four Associate Editors and eight Network Support Fellows (see https://www.cochrane.org/about-us/our-global-community/review-group-networks for more information).
About the role
The two posts will provide support for the five main objectives identified in each Network strategic plan:
- Supporting review production and capacity
- Evaluating Network scope and prioritisation of topics
- Fostering collaboration within the Network and with the wider Cochrane community
- Supporting knowledge translation to increase the impact of Cochrane reviews
- Ensuring accountability and sustainability of the Network
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidates will also have:
- An understanding of the importance of systematic reviews to clinical decision making
- Familiarity with Cochrane guidance and standards in the design, conduct, and reporting of systematic reviews, including MECIR and GRADE methods.
- Knowledge and skills relevant to the systematic review process
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Past or present experience of providing technical editing for systematic reviews
The assignment of the new Associate Editors to Networks will be judged on their profile and skillset.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Editor” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
- For further information, please download the full job description from here
- Deadline for applications: (12 midnight GMT)