Specifications: Full Time
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
Application Closing Date: 16 November 2018
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as an Advocacy & Partnership Officer to make a difference in the field of health care research.
The Advocacy & Partnership Officer will support Cochrane, the Editor in Chief, the Head of Knowledge Translation, and the Senior Advisor (Centres, Partnerships and Fundraising) in developing and managing strategic partnerships and in preparing advocacy positions. This new role will support the organization’s growth through the proactive management of strategic partnerships, the development and delivery of advocacy positions and will thus help build the profile of Cochrane as global advocate for evidence informed health care and decision making.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Master degree in communications; journalism; health sciences or a related discipline relevant to this position.
- Experience of presenting complex information clearly and simply.
- Experience in preparing advocacy campaigns and statements.
- Demonstrable experience in working with various partner organizations.
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work with diverse groups
- Ability to work independently under general direction, willing and able to work in a self-directed way, and able to provide sound advice to contributors and staff members of Cochrane.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a natural flair for networking, including the ability to produce written material appropriate to policy-makers and partners.
- Experience with using influencing strategies to gain genuine engagement with Cochrane’s mission to achieve organisational goals.
- Time management skills and ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Experience related to all aspects of the planning and organising of meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Experience of working in an international context.
- Willingness to travel internationally when required.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to email@example.com with Advocacy & Partnership Officer in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
Deadline for applications: 16 November 2018 (12 midnight GMT)
Interviews to be held on: (TBC)