Cochrane Bosnia and Herzegovina second scientific symposium took place on Friday January 17th in front of the full auditorium of the University of Mostar School of Medicine.
The theme of the symposium was 'Cochrane for everyone' and it attracted huge interest from the media, medical students, and clinicians. Below is just a sample of some of the media coverage:
- Cochrane simpozij: Bolje donošenje odluka po vlastito zdravlje i zdravstvenu politiku
- Simpozij 'Cochrane za sve' okupio stručnjake iz BiH i Hrvatske
- Međunarodni znanstveni simpozij u Mostaru
- Održan 2. znanstveni BH Cochrane simpozij
- Znanstveni BH Cochrane simpozij „Cochrane za sve“
- Održan 2. BH Cochrane simpozij
Co-directors of Cochrane Croatia, Irena Zakarija-Grković and Tina Poklepović Peričić presented the work of Cochrane, talked about the importance of evidence in medicine, and the role of Cochrane in improving clinical practice.
Assist. prof. Goran Poropat from Medical School in Rijeka presented the design of Cochrane systematic reviews, the Cochrane review process, including the challenges during the process and he has a longtime experience authoring Cochrane reviews, both intervention and diagnostic test accuracy and takes great part in the editorial base of the Cochrane Hepatobiliary Group.
The symposium in Mostar was useful in terms of promoting the work of Cochrane and its influence to all stakeholders within the health system, but it also allowed an opportunity to talk about further developing Cochrane network and building future collaboration between Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.