188.8.131.52 Providing peer review (elective core function)
Provision of specialist peer review for Cochrane Protocols and Reviews may be delivered primarily by networks of CRG-based methods individuals (in consultation with Methods Groups, as appropriate) for some areas of methodology. However, other areas of methodology may not be covered by networks of CRG-based methods individuals. Therefore, some Methods Groups (and their members) may choose to offer peer review support to CRGs or author teams directly (within available resources), as an alternative or complement to that delivered via networks of CRG-based methodologists.
Methods Groups that select ‘Providing peer review’ as a core function are expected, at a minimum, to:
- Implement a mechanism to identify members willing to provide peer review of relevant components of Cochrane Protocols and Reviews on behalf of the Methods Group.
- Implement a process to offer timely peer review of relevant components of Cochrane Protocols and Reviews.
- Communicate the availability of peer review and the process to be used to access this service to CRGs.
- Set target response times for provision of peer review of relevant components of Cochrane Protocols and Reviews.
- Provide peer review within target response times.