Are you interested in developing a knowledge organisation working for better health in Norway and globally?
We are seeking a specialist director responsible for the evaluation of interventions in the health, care and welfare services.
The specialist director will be responsible for developing the field of evaluation of interventions in the Division for Health Services, including systematic reviews, health technology assessments (HTAs) and health economic analyses. The specialist director will be responsible for many of the division's and the Norwegian Institute of Public Health's external activities in these fields, including collaboration with external stakeholders within and outside Norway. In autumn 2017, the division will adopt a new organisational structure, with more work in teams and projects. The specialist director, together with the rest of the division’s management group, will be responsible for implementing and further developing the new organisational structure and new working methods within the division.
The Division for Health Services is one of four divisions in the Norwegian Institute of Public Health. We work with health system assessments, evaluation of interventions, dissemination and use of knowledge, and global health. With regard to the evaluation of interventions, the division contributes with systematic reviews on the effect of interventions in the health, care and welfare sectors, as well as systematic reviews on causes of disease and prognosis for various conditions. The division also conducts health technology assessments (HTAs) of new interventions that are relevant for introduction into the health service, where safety, efficacy, costs and other aspects of the interventions are considered. Our target groups are decision makers in health administration, in the health and care services and in the welfare sectors - including healthcare professionals and patients. The division collaborates with a number of key actors in Norway and internationally, including Cochrane and the Campbell Collaboration.
- Participate in the division’s management group and contribute to the overall management of the division together with the executive director and the rest of the management group
- Contribute to optimal resource use across the divisions of the Norwegian Institute of Public Health and across the departments in the division
- Further develop the field of evaluation of interventions and seek to realise the division's development plan for 2018–2022 in this field
- Further develop the field of evaluation of interventions at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health and ensure collaboration and co-ordination of activities across the divisions at the institute
- Implement and further develop new organisational structure and new working methods in the division
- Promote a good working environment and professional development for the division's and institute's employees
- Contribute to open and professional communication at the institute and towards partners, users and the media
- Line manager responsibility (staff, finance, etc.) for one or more departments may be delegated from the executive director. Management of other interdisciplinary functions may also be considered
- Doctoral degree in a field relevant for the post, preferably within the health, natural or social sciences
- High research expertise
- Healthcare expertise
- Significant expertise in systematic reviews and/or health technology assessments
- Management experience
- Wide international network is an advantage
- Good oral and written skills in Norwegian (within 18 months) and English
- Commitment to contributing to better health and health services, both in Norway and globally
- Commitment to management, particularly management promoting team collaboration
- Ability to lead with confidence and clarity
- Ability to inspire and prioritise
- Flexible, solution-oriented and with a strong drive to get things done
- Good collaborative and communication skills