Specifications: Full Time
Application Closing Date: 06 July 2018
This role is an exciting opportunity to support the Editorial and Methods Department (EMD), Cochrane Library Product Manager and other Central Executive Teams in delivering on high priority projects: by developing an agreed framework for project management and reporting, supporting colleagues to manage their projects efficiently and transparently, and to provide project management services to the highest priority EMD projects, including the implementation of the Cochrane Library roadmap.
The Project Manager will lead on the transformation in relation to managing projects within Cochrane and act as the first point to contact for project management enquiries for Cochrane staff, offering support and guidance for project management methods, tools and processes.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Proven strategic planning, project management and organisational skills; and the ability to coordinate the work of teams and individuals, ensuring the quality and timeliness of outputs
- Experience of managing projects, change management and risk management
- Experience of agile project management methodology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (spoken, written and presentational) and a collaborative management style
- High level of technological competence, including the ability to evaluate and use project management software
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Experience of strategic planning and budgeting
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to email@example.com with “Project Manager” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
Deadline for applications: 06 July 2018 (12 midnight GMT)
Interviews to be held on: TBC