Specifications: Full Time
Location: London, UK
Application Closing Date: 25 May 2018
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in Product Management to make a difference in the field of health care research.
The Product Manager will own the Cochrane Library as a product through its lifecycle and ensure its ongoing technological and content development to meet identified user needs. They will be responsible for contributing to and implementing key elements of the strategic vision for the Cochrane Library, and be responsible for the overall success of the development pipeline for the product.
The successful candidate will act as a ‘champion’ for the Cochrane Library within the organisation. They will be responsible for taking the lead in the product market and ensuring a strategic fit between the market environment, the organisation’s capabilities, business needs and the product marketing strategy.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Publishing experience in scientific and medical publications and awareness of health knowledge and decision support products.
- Minimum 3 years direct product management experience.
- Demonstrated track record in developing product strategies and success in defining, launching and managing products.
- Detailed knowledge of the mission and vision of Cochrane Library and in-depth understanding of the needs of its users and the processes that underpin its production.
- Proven ability to make decisions, think strategically and take senior-level responsibility
- IT literacy and the ability to gain an understanding of the technological aspects of the product, both in terms of its production and publication
- Influencing and negotiation skills, sufficient to coordinate work undertaken by other stakeholders and cross-functional teams in the development cycle
- Very strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to translate content deliverables to business and technology focussed colleagues
- Ability to analyse, pull together and present the key content, business and technology elements to inform sound strategic decisions
- Strong project and programme management skills.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to email@example.com with “Product Manager” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
For further information, please download the full job description.
Deadline for applications: 25 May 2018 (12 midnight GMT)
Interviews to be held on: w/c 4 June 2018