Specifications: Full Time
Salary: Up to £30,000
Location: London, UK
Application Closing Date: 20/11/2017
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in office management, facilities, and administration to support colleagues in making a difference in the field of health care research.
The Office Manager will be responsible for providing the facilities management for Cochrane’s London Office, including acting as the first point of contact with the landlord and managing agents; managing the general administration requirements for the Central Executive Teams, and to help ensure that the best value is obtained for all office expenditure.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts both within and external to the organisation. The successful candidate will also have:
- Previous Office/facilities management experience.
- Excellent typing skills - speed and accuracy essential.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Confident in problem solving and using initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Attention to detail/accuracy.
Previous experience within the healthcare sector would be useful.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement with ‘Office Manager’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
For further information, please review the full job description.
Deadline for applications: 20/11/2017 (12 midnight GMT)