Specifications: Full Time
Application Closing Date: 18th March 2018
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in HR Management to make a difference in the field of health care research.
The HR Manager will provide and manage a high quality, responsive, efficient and effective Human Resources function for Cochrane and its subsidiaries.
Working alongside our other HR Manager, this role provides leadership and management across the Central Executive Team on all HR matters.
- Provide HR support and advice to the Head of Finance and Core Services, Chief Executive Officer and other senior managers and Central Executive Team so that Cochrane’s HR policies and practice are legally compliant and supportive of the organisation’s mission and objectives.
- Develop and maintain good employee relations within Cochrane through a thorough knowledge of the whole organisation and understanding of its objectives.
- Provide leadership and project management for HR-related projects in order to improve the general HR service and to meet individual and organisational objectives
- Recruitment and on-boarding
- Talent attraction and management
- Employee Relations,
- People Relations for secondment and consultancy contracts
- Learning and Development
- Monitoring and managing HR data
- Reviewing and implementing policies across the organisation
- Reviewing and overseeing the HR appraisals process
- Maintain effective and supportive relationships throughout the business
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- CIPD qualification equivalent to Level 7
- Demonstrable experience of leading a fully operational HR service comprising generalist advice, payroll, benefits, learning & development and change management
- Experience of scoping and implementing HRIS systems
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, adapting quickly to rapidly changing situations
- Up to date working knowledge of employment legislation.
- Experience of coaching and supporting managers
- Self-confidence, personal credibility and the ability to support and challenge others appropriately
- Good understanding of and the ability to apply the principles of confidentiality
- Intermediate level IT skills, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Proven ability to work both independently and productively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good understanding and application of the principles of Equal Opportunities in a HR context
- Excellent attention to detail
- Pragmatism and problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively when faced with new problems
- Commitment to Cochrane’s mission and values.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Manager” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post, together with your salary expectations.
- For further information, please download the full job description.
- Deadline for applications: 18th March 2018 (12 midnight GMT)
- Interviews to be held on: 27th March 2018