Location: Flexible, London, UK preferred
Position: Permanent, full time
This role will be responsible for leading and managing Cochrane’s multi-media and external communications to raise the profile and impact of Cochrane and evidence informed healthcare, and to support the organization’s strategic and knowledge translation aims and operational activities.
Key Result Areas:
- To coordinate the development and maintenance of Cochrane’s external communications, media outreach and multi-media relations on behalf of Cochrane’s Central Executive Team and wider Community/stakeholders.
- To contribute to the implementation of Cochrane’s Knowledge Translations Strategy within the thematic area of ‘packaging and push,’ which describes a programme of work bridging production, dissemination and support to implementation through creating fit for purpose reviews and disseminating these effectively.
- To contribute to the development of improving Cochrane’s existing and new Knowledge Translation products and processes in line with the KT implementation plan.
- To ensure our communications and content is customized to the needs of end-users of Cochrane’s evidence.
- To work alongside Cochrane’s community Groups worldwide to assist them in producing multi-media based content and building their external communications and social media strategies.
- To work, establish and build new relationships with Cochrane authors and Review Groups and Networks to support, mentor and enhance their communications and multi- media content.
- To establish new, and maintain relationships with key international media outlets, health and science correspondents, journalists, producers and editors.
- To write, as required, materials for the purposes of print, broadcast, web and social media.
- To monitor and report Cochrane’s media coverage and make recommendations to maintain an evidence-based approach to our communications and social media strategy.
- To work as part of a core Central Executive team to create multi-media campaigns, online content, press releases, spokesperson statements and other KT audience-focused resources.
- To act as main focal point for all reactive media requests and manage them effectively and efficiently.
- A degree or equivalent experience working within an external communications or multi-media content environment, journalism, and/or in a similar role.
- Demonstrable experience of advising and implementing a media, multi-media media and communications strategy in conjunction with others; and proven success in communicating the vision and mission of an organization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Proven ability to work alongside varied teams in different cultural and linguistic settings.
- Impressive interpersonal skills both in person and through teleconferences and webinars.
- An excellent understanding of multi-media platforms and how to successfully implement effective strategies to achieve the Cochrane’s Knowledge Translation’s operational objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexibly including outside normal working hours to accommodate different time-zones, and sporadic international travel.
- Commitment to Cochrane’s mission and principles
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with “External Communications and Multi-Media Officer” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
For further information, please download the full job description.
Deadline for applications: Friday 25th May 2018 (12 midnight GMT)