Specifications: Full Time
Application Closing Date: 20th April 2018
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as an Executive Assistant to make a difference in the field of health care research.
To provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organisational, and logistical service to the Editor in Chief (EiC), Deputy Editor in Chief and Editorial and Methods Department (EMD) leadership team, helping them to manage and prioritise their time and to support the strategic aims and operational activities of the department.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Previous PA/Secretarial experience at a senior level.
- Excellent typing skills - speed and accuracy essential.
- Intermediate IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant to Editor in Chief” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
- For further information, please download the full job description.
Deadline for applications: 20th April 2018 (Midnight)
Interviews to be held on: (TBC)