Specifications: Full Time 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Application Closing Date: 22 June 2018
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in Editorial Support to make a difference in the field of health care research.
The Editorial Support Officer will provide support to the Deputy Editor in Chief in achieving the strategic aims of the CRG Transformation Programme and provide editorial and communication support for the implementation of the Fast Track Services.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- An understanding of the importance of systematic reviews to clinical decision making.
- Ability to work alongside varied teams in different cultural and linguistic settings.
- Impressive interpersonal skills both in person and by telephone and Skype.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Cochrane’s mission and values and good understanding of Cochrane’s Strategy 2020 goals and targets.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate level IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- An ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement to email@example.com with “Editorial Support Officer” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
For further information, please see the full job description.
Deadline for applications: 22 June 2018 (12 midnight GMT)
Interviews to be held on: (TBC)