Salary: Base salary $82K, plus superannuation
Location: Sydney, Australia
Application closing date: 21 June 2018
We are seeking a full-time Systematic Reviewer to contribute to Cochrane Kidney and Transplant based at the Centre for Kidney Research, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead. The Systematic Reviewer will provide technical knowledge and expertise to the research team to support the development of Cochrane systematic reviews that will inform international clinical practice guidelines on all aspects of kidney disease. This includes conducting literature searches, appraising literature and meta-analysis, and preparing evidence summaries to support the development of clinical practice guidelines on all aspects of kidney disease. The role will also involve a range of other research activities relevant to systematic reviews and guideline development, disseminating systematic review findings, and providing methods support to authors conducting systematic reviews in kidney disease and transplantation.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts. The successful candidate will also have:
- tertiary qualifications, likely with Honours, in an appropriate discipline with relevant experience in a related field. May have (or be working towards completing) further studies such as a PhD or have extensive specialist experience in the field of research
- extensive experience in developing and working on research projects, including expertise in using research protocols, experimental design, ethics submissions and grant applications
- high-level knowledge and skills in statistical techniques and critical appraisal required for systematic reviews of randomised controlled trials
- experience in writing of systematic reviews and have published a Cochrane systematic review/s or similar
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with day-to-day operational matters
Intending applicants are welcome to seek further information about the position from A/Professor Allison Tong on email@example.com.
Full job description and application: Research Officer Systematic Reviewer
Closing date for applications: 11.30pm, 21 June 2018 (Australian EST)