The Cochrane Collaboration holds annual conferences, known as ‘Colloquia’, which are open to everyone. Colloquia are designed to bring people together in one place to discuss, develop and promote our work, and to shape the organisation’s future direction. Please see the Colloquium Policy Advisory Commitee's website for more information.
Our upcoming Colloquium
Abstracts and multimedia from past Colloquia
- Multimedia from past Colloquia (2006 onwards)
- Abstracts of oral and poster presentations, and workshops (from most past Colloquia) ***Please note: the Colloquia Abstracts system is currently unavailable while we prepare to re-launch it on a new and improved platform in late 2013.***
Past and future Colloquia
- 2015 Vienna, Austria (3-7 October)
- 2014 Hyderabad, India (21-25 September)
- 2013 Quebec, Canada - 'Better Knowledge for Better Health | Un meilleur savoir pour une meilleure santé'
- 2012 Auckland, New Zealand (30 September - 3 October)
- 2011 Madrid, Spain (19-22 October)
- 2010 Keystone, Colorado, USA (18-22 October)
- 2009 Singapore (11-14 October)
- 2008 Freiburg, Germany (3-7 October) - 'Evidence in the era of globalisation'
- 2007 Sao Paulo, Brazil - 'Evidence-based health care for all'
- 2006 Dublin, Ireland - 'Come to the craic'
- 2005 Melbourne, Australia - 'Corroboree'
- 2004 Ottawa, Canada - 'Bridging the gaps'
- 2003 Barcelona, Spain - 'Evidence, health care and culture'
- 2002 Stavanger, Norway
- 2001 Lyon, France - 'The evidence dissemination process: how to make it more efficient'
- 2000 Cape Town, South Africa - 'Evidence for action: challenges for The Cochrane Collaboration in the 21st century'
- 1999 Rome, Italy - 'The best evidence for health care: the role of The Cochrane Collaboration'
- 1998 Baltimore, USA - 'Systematic reviews: evidence for action'
- 1997 Amsterdam, The Netherlands - 'Preparing, maintaining and disseminating the evidence'
- 1996 Adelaide, Australia - 'Making evidence-based health care a reality'
- 1995 Oslo, Norway
- 1994 Hamilton, Canada
- 1993 Oxford, UK (1st Cochrane Colloquium): watch the "First Annual Cochrane Colloquium" video from the Cochrane20 series
First annual Cochrane Colloquium
As part of a series of events to mark our 20th Anniversary in 2013, twenty-four videos - the Cochrane20 Video Series - were created focusing on the ideas, achievements and people that have contributed to its growth since 1993. See the fourth installment focussing on memories from the first ever meeting of Cochrane contributors, held in Oxford in October 1993: First annual Cochrane Colloquium