To assess whether plasma transfusion administered within the first 24 hours of life can prevent IVH in preterm infants born at gestation less than or equal to 34 weeks.Secondary objective
To determine whether use of plasma transfusion is associated with adverse effects.Subgroup analyses
We will perform the following subgroup analyses.
- Known coagulapathy versus unknown coagulation status versus normal coagulation status.
- Gestational age.
- Birth weight.
- Type of plasma administered.
- Volume of plasma administered.
- Timing of administration.
- Known to have no IVH versus unknown status at randomisation.
This is a protocol.